Search
Information
Categories

Products > World War II > Army Air Corp > Aerial Gunner

This wing was established oon April 29, 1943 and awarded upon completion of a six week course in flexible gunnery. This was also required of Navigators and Bombardiers. The center is called a "flying bullet" but many people think it is a bomb. During WWII about 297,000 men were trained as aerial gunners. The first aerial gunner was  Capt. Charles Chandler who in 1912 who fired a Lewis machine gun from between his legs while flying at about 500 feet onboard a Wright Model B biplane. He fired about 45 rounds at a 6-by-54-foot target. Some 14 rounds found their way to the target. WWI Dog Fights became the focus of aerial gunners but then they were Observers with a Lewis machine gun. 

Displaying 1 - 10 of 11 Product(s):
Sort By:

WWII Aerial Gunner Wings Luxenberg Sterling Silver 

$60.00

WWII Bombardier Wing Sterling K. G. Luke  Design 

$85.00